The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has lifted the restriction placed on the Osun State Government’s bank accounts following a directive from President Bola Tinubu.
The accounts, domiciled with First Bank of Nigeria and Zenith Bank, were restricted earlier in August as part of an investigation into the alleged misuse of public funds in the state.
Checks showed that the accounts have now resumed normal operations.
The EFCC had issued a Post No Debit instruction on the accounts on August 5, 2026, as part of an investigation that began in March.
The investigation focused on the alleged handling of about ₦11 billion in Ecology Funds, Intervention Funds and allocations received from the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC).
The restriction later attracted the attention of President Tinubu, who reportedly described the EFCC’s action as embarrassing and directed the commission to reopen the state’s accounts.
Following the development, Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke directed the state Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Oluwole Jimi-Bada, SAN, to withdraw the legal action filed against the EFCC over the restriction.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Temitope Ajayi, confirmed that the restriction had been lifted.
Ajayi said the EFCC complied with the President’s directive and reopened the accounts immediately.
“The lien has been lifted. EFCC cannot ignore the presidential order. I can confirm to you that it was done immediately,” he said.
He added that the absence of further public complaints from the Osun State Government indicated that the issue had been resolved.



















