The Governor of Ogun State, Dapo Abiodun has provided tax reliefs for residents and employers of labor in the State “towards cushioning COVID-19 economic effects on our taxpayers.
The governor made this known via a series tweet posts on Saturday.
The tweet post reads:
I have approved certain tax reliefs to be immediately effected by the Ogun State Internal Revenue Service towards cushioning COVID-19 economic effects on our taxpayers. These include:
1. 6-month deadline extension for filling of 2019 income tax returns by the self-employed/informed sector from March 31, 2020 to September 30.
2. 8-month extension of filling of 2019 annual PAYE returns by PAYE operators/tax agents from January 31, 2020 to September 30, as well as complete waiver of interest and penalty for late filing for the extension period.
3. Complete waiver of interest and penalty for late remittance of monthly PAYE for the extension period.
4. Same waiver for late payment of Direct Assessment/Personal Income Tax by the self-employed from January 1, 2020, to December 31.
5. Waiver of weekly tax by operators and promoters of pool and betting businesses from April 1, 2020, to June 30.
The Tax Audit Reconciliation Committee (TARC) will also henceforth adopt video conferencing as the default mode for their meetings to continue ensuring ease of doing business while maintaining physical distancing.
As taxpayers make payments to the State’s designated accounts in approved banks, I urge them to make the best use of these reliefs.