Monday, August 15, 2022
Advertisementspot_imgspot_img
HomeHealthInvestigation into Kano deaths ongoing… evidence of COVID-19 so far – Health...

Investigation into Kano deaths ongoing… evidence of COVID-19 so far – Health Minister

Kano, since recording its first case of the COVID-19 on April 11,  has been experiencing strange deaths…

The Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, has said there is no evidence yet that the occurring multiple deaths in Kano State are caused by coronavirus disease.

Ehanire, who was addressing the Federal House of Representatives on Tuesday, said the process to ascertain the cause of the deaths is still progress.

Kano, since recording its first case of the COVID-19 on April 11,  has been experiencing strange deaths which the state government has attributed to the virus.

The coordinator of the presidential task force on COVID-19 in the state, Sani Gwarzo, later told reporters on Sunday that “we are successful in identifying what the problems are.”

“Let me inform us that most of the deaths recorded of recent and tests carried out showed that coronavirus was the cause,” he was quoted as saying.

Read Alleged N40 billion fraud: Senate begins probe of NDDC Management Committee

“So, before the final report which will be ready in the next one week or few days, it is necessary for the people of Kano to wake up from their slumber that this is a serious issue.”

Addressing the lawmakers, Ehanire said investigations into the deaths in the state are of three streams and there is no result yet linking them to COVID-19.

“That test is still going on, and there are no results,” he said.

“There was never a case of him (the task force coordinator) saying 80 percent of people died from that or any other disease at all.

“The person did not ever say that the people died from coronavirus.”

He added that 95 percent of the cases in the state are in about seven municipal councils, making it more necessary to restrict movements.

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments