The National Coordinator and Executive Director of the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office, George Nwabueze, has released additional documents in a bid to establish the legitimacy of the office amid an ongoing controversy with the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission.
Nwabueze shared a letter dated July 19, 2010, which he said was issued by the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, on his LinkedIn page on Sunday.
The letter, referenced NIG@ 50/S. 7/C,3/45 and signed by Dominic Y.E. on behalf of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, was addressed to “Buchi George,” identified at the time as the Executive Director of The Hats Centre in Owerri, Imo State.
Titled “RE: ENDORSEMENT OF OUR PROJECT, MADE IN NAIJA, TO BE HELD IN IRELAND,” the document acknowledged a proposal dated July 16, 2010, requesting endorsement for a “Made in Naija” project planned for Ireland as part of activities marking Nigeria’s 50th anniversary.
The letter directed the recipient to forward the proposal to the Nigerian High Commission in Ireland for possible consideration.
Sharing the document, Nwabueze argued that the latest development confirmed the long-standing relationship between the project and the OSGF.
“History and facts, from Made in Naija since 15th June 2010 to Made in Nigeria Project Office, that is since 16 years in same OSGF Office,” he wrote.
He added, “How can you discover a 16 years programme in 2026, it means you have been blind. We are committed to the national development.”
However, the authenticity of the letter could not be independently confirmed.
Nwabueze also posted graphics highlighting the activities and objectives of the office, including promoting local manufacturing, creating jobs, reducing dependence on imported goods and improving the global competitiveness of Nigerian products.
The posts come amid controversy over the status of the office after the ICPC alleged that it was a fake federal agency.
The commission said an investigation into the alleged Presidential Foreign Intervention Promotion Council led to the discovery of the National Brands Development and Made in Nigeria Special Project Office.
According to the ICPC, the office had been allocated space within the OSGF premises without presidential authorisation, while Nwabueze was identified as the promoter of the outfit.
Nwabueze has repeatedly rejected the allegation, insisting that the office is a project office under the OSGF and has been in existence for 16 years.
He previously told Sunday PUNCH that the project had been in the SGF’s office since July 16, 2010, questioning why it was only being described as fake after so many years.
Nwabueze had also published an appointment letter dated October 3, 2025, which he said was issued by the OSGF and conveyed approval of his appointment as National Coordinator/Executive Director of the Made in Nigeria Project Office.
Another document he shared indicated that the office applied for special project status from the OSGF in April 2025.
The controversy escalated after the ICPC announced that President Bola Tinubu had ordered Nwabueze’s arrest over his alleged involvement in running and promoting the outfit.



















