Anthony Joshua has said he would be ready to fight world champion, Tyson Fury in December 2022.
The British boxer was responding to a public challenge on Monday for a ‘Battle of Britain’.
Joshua lost his title rematch last month in Saudi Arabia to Ukraine’s WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO champion Oleksandr Usyk.
But the 32-year-old is eager to return to the ring before the end of the year.
“Anthony Joshua, I know you’ve just lost a fight to Usyk and you’re bout-less at the moment, and I’d like to give you an opportunity to fight me for the WBC heavyweight championship of the world and the lineal championship in the next few months,” Fury said.
Joshua responded by saying he would be ready to fight if Fury stuck to his word.
“I don’t do online discussions just for clout.
“So if you’re really about it, shout @258mgt (Joshua’s management company). I’ll be ready in December,” Joshua wrote on an Instagram story.